Gluten Free & Spelt

sblumm@comcast.net
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 04:32:34 +0000 (UTC)
v109.n007.8
I think spelt flour - which does not have gluten - is very commonly
used in Germany. For those looking for gluten free recipes it might
be a good idea to see if you can find German bread baking web sites.
If you don't read German you will find that quite a few German web
sites have English translations.

When I've experimented with spelt - and I am far from expert - I've
found that it works almost the same as regular bread flour in
recipes, though protein additives might be a good idea. If someone
has experience with spelt I would very much appreciate hearing how
they have used it in place of bread flour in recipes.

Stephen Blumm