Re: Corn Tortillas

"S&R Ash" <db1753@dragonbbs.com>
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:48:34 -0600
v109.n009.3
To All Who Venture To Making Corn Tortillas:

Good Luck on Corn Tortillas. I lived many years in San Antonio area.
Had a press from a Mexican friend and everything. I was set to
GO...well it was a disaster for sure! I make the flour ones just fine
but I BUY my corn tortillas when I want them. I even took a class on
Mexican cooking in Home makers EHU county classes. It was also a
failure. That was back in the 1970s. I didn't give up the first few
times but finally did.

When I can buy fresh ones at the market I don't put myself through
the agony. My HAT IS OFF to any of you who can make them!!
Really..It's just one bread area I gave up on...

There is nothing worse though, then a stale corn tortilla!

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"
  John Lennon