Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes

Kathleen <kmschuller@comcast.net>
Tue, 05 May 2009 06:19:45 -0400
v109.n018.2
Thanks Werner for all the good information about your Sourdough
Week.  I have to admit that since buying the _Artisan Bread in 5
Minutes_ book, I have not been using my sourdoughs, just feeding them
periodically.

I recently bought some of the King Arthur Flour bread toppings and
have been putting them IN my bread, using the suggestions for raisins
on page 184 of that book.  If you don't have the book, I've been
flattening out the dough to about a 1/2-inch thickness and then
patting 2 tablespoons of seed mixture on a one-pound piece of
dough.  I roll the dough up, and then, with my hands make a long
snake and then coil it up.

The results are an attractive loaf of bread with the added flavor of
the seeds.  Seeds could be put on top too.  I have not been slashing
this loaf as the bread can expand and crack where it is coiled.

Here is a link to the seeds I bought:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/artisan-bread-topping-8-oz

I also bought a package of their bagel topping, but I haven't used it yet.
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/everything-bread-and-bagel-topping-8-oz

Another KAF product I like to use with bread, is their Harvest Grains
Blend, but I have not tried it with the Artisan Bread in 5 Minute doughs.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/harvest-grains-blend-2-lb

kathleen