RE: Sourdough Binge Week

"Werner Gansz" <wwgansz@madriver.com>
Sun, 10 May 2009 08:44:37 -0400
v109.n019.2
>What does 'add reduce by 1/2' mean, please?
>
>Mary
>
>Editor's note: On days 3 & 4, remove 1/2 of the starter before
>adding the specified ingredients. Am I correct, Werner?

Yes, I realize that I got a bit cryptic in that table.  After day 2
you have about 2 cups of starter so on days 3 and 4 you throw away
1/2 of the starter (keep 1 cup) and add the refreshment flour and water.

Also, some readers contacted me that the tables were broken up in
their emails.  It was OK in my MS Outlook. If you want a MS Word file
of the recipe/procedure, email me.