Re: tough pizza crust

Guy Snape <guy@snapefamily.org.uk>
Mon, 25 May 2009 17:16:02 +0100
v109.n021.9
I've been developing my pizza recipe for years, and I'm really
pleased with the results now. My dough is quite wet and doesn't have
any fat/oil in it, similar to the authentic pizza napoletana dough.
The biggest difference you can make to your home made pizza is to
cook it at a really high temperature, maybe up to 800F. There are two
common ways of doing this: Jeff Varasano's way (just google his name)
which is to break the safety lock on your electric oven door so you
can open the door during the pyrolitic self clean cycle, or you can
use a cast iron pan on the stove top followed by putting the pizza
under the broiler, which is what I do. My full recipe and method are
at <http://www.breadsecrets.com/pizza.html> (and a link to the
appropriate cast iron pans on amazon).

Regards,

- guy