new oven angst

teresag715 <teresag715@aol.com>
Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:34:53 -0400
v109.n025.2
I just baked pizza in my new oven for the first time and was not
thrilled.  The oven is a fratelli onofri dual fuel = gas on top,
electric oven.  I used the convection feature and a pizza stone (used
to get great results on the stone in my old cheap oven). I found the
spot nearest to the back of the oven was browning quite a bit faster
than the rest (isn't the convection supposed to eliminate that?) and
then when the top was done the bottom crust was pale and not crispy
at all. . . I tried turning off the convection and the results were
not much better. . . any suggestions???  The stove sure is beautiful
to look at though.

teresa