MasterCook Recipies

Tom <pan_mila@yahoo.com>
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 00:10:48 -0700 (PDT)

I don't mean any disrespect to the Dwork's who do a great job running
this board. [[Thanks]] But I am curious as to why you submit all
those lame recipies from the software program called "MasterCook" -
do you own the rights to the software? Have you actually made any of
the recipies?

[[The recipes aren't from MasterCook. The bread recipes posted last
week are from "The Bread Machine Cookbook" by Marie Lambert. We use
MasterCook to store and organize recipes. While some versions of
MasterCook included recipes, most of them weren't to our liking. When
we first started using MC around 1995, it was far better than
anything else available. It's not perfect by a long shot and it's no
longer being developed, but it's still better than anything else
we've tried. We're open to suggestions if anyone knows of a better
program, but it has to be able to import MasterCook recipes
automatically and correctly - we have well over 10000 recipes in MC.]]

I bought that program about 10 years ago. It was lame then and if
these recipies are an example of its current quality it is still lame.

[[As above, the recipes have nothing to do with the program.]]

No where does the recipe mention how much flour, salt, or yeast to
use for the "Italian Herb Bread." [[True. We goofed and left them
out. Corrected recipe is in this digest]] And what exactly does "Put
the herb oil and remaining ingredients in bread pan in order
suggested by your bread machine instructions. Set for white bread,
medium crust." mean? [[It means just what it says. Some bread
machines like the dry ingredients on the bottom, for others you put
the wet in first. If you want to make the bread by hand, do it like
you would a simple white bread.]]

Do you know the specific bread machine model the recipies were
created for? [[It doesn't matter. They are all fairly similar. We
have 7 different types.]] It claims to be a Low-Cal bread with only
38 calories per serving - what is a serving here? 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4
regulare slice? [[It's low cal only because we forgot to put the
flour in :-) MasterCook calculates nutrition information from the
specified ingredients. - Jeff & Reggie]]

Tom