RE: Vinegar...Any ideas??

chasebusiness@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 08:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
v110.n012.4
I don't know what the reason was in the recipe or what else it might
do, but I've been reading about phytates in grains and how it affects
calcium absorption, so I started using kefir or another acid to soak
my flour in for a while before baking.

I grind my wheat and put in the bowl with a couple of tablespoons of
kefir, buttermilk or vinegar and the water called for for the recipe
(I make 4 loaves at a time) and let it soak for several hours or overnight.

Whether this helps nutritionally or not, I'm not sure, but.... My
bread has never been better. It is softer and tastes better and I
think it isn't getting moldy as quick.

Linda
Blessya' bunches from Linda
chasebusiness@sbcglobal.net