pie crust - foolproof

lobo <lobo119@bresnan.net>
Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:44:10 -0600
v110.n014.1
I knew I should have just posted it to the list!    : )

I do it in the mixer, freeze it in Tupperware hamburger things and
it's just the right size.  Despite what it says, I handle it as
little as possible, but it is wonderful.

FOOLPROOF PIE CRUST
4 cups flour
1 3/4 cup shortening (best with lard)
1 T. sugar
2 t. salt
1 T. vinegar
1 egg
1/2 c. water

Mix first 4 with fork. In separate dish, beat remaining. Combine,
stirring with fork til moistened. With hands, mold into ball. Chill
at least 15 mins before rolling. Can be left in frig 3 days, or
frozen until ready to use. Makes 5-7 crusts. Will remain soft in frig
and can be taken out and rolled at once. Can be handled and beat up
as much as you want and will still be flaky, tender and delicious.