Re: Crumbly Bread

Cindy Smith <cms@dragon.com>
Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:28:42 -0400
v110.n029.2
My Zojirushi came in last week, and I've been happily making bread.

The book recipe for Basic White Bread lists these ingredients:
1-1/3 cups water, 4-1/4 cups bread flour, 4 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp. Dry
Milk, 2 tsp salt, 2-1/2 Tbsp. Butter, 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast.  The
bread came out way too salty; even my husband, who loves salt, said
it was too salty.  Also, the bread came out crumbly.  I tried putting
in half the salt in the next batch, and it tasted much better, not
nearly so salty.  However, the bread still came out crumbly.  Is
there any way to prevent the bread from coming out so crumbly?

Yours,
Cindy Smith
cms@dragon.com

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!