Re: Digest bread-bakers.v111.n012

dmrogers218@comcast.net
Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:09:27 +0000 (UTC)
>Many recipes discuss turning a loaf or pizza into something more
>flavourful by putting it overnight in the refrigerator. And some
>discuss a reduction in yeast to do that. How does one figure out how
>much to reduce the yeast? What would happen if one left alone the
>yeast measure, but refrigerated the dough overnight?

Theresa, I am certainly not an expert but when I make rolls, I
usually make them the day before, put in the pans, cover the plastic
wrap and then foil and put in the fridge overnight. I do it more for
convenience but it does make the yeast flavor stronger but not so
much stronger that I would reduce the amount called for in my recipe.

Just FYI.

Deb in Georgia