stretching and folding

Lois Omdahl <lomdahl@live.com>
Sun, 22 May 2011 08:51:44 -0700
v111.n022.6
My two cents worth!  Somewhere along the way I read about stretching
and folding bread dough and then I watched Mike's video.  It has made
a big difference in my loaves.  They are more tender and seem to
raise better.  I think the dough likes a gentle caress.  Also I've
been using coconut oil in place of other shortenings and the texture
of my loaves has been finer - more tender - and they seem to stay
fresher longer.

I haven't been stretching and folding the dough from an early point
in the mixing as Mike does but just doing it every 20 or 30 minutes
during the rising makes a lovely soft dough.

Viva la pan.

Lois