The Caribbean Fruitcake

"Sonia Martinez" <cubanwahine@hawaii.rr.com>
Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:38:30 -1000
v111.n029.1
Aloha everyone!

I can't remember now who it was suggested look in a book titled "Warm
Bread and honey cake - Home Baking from Around the World" by Gaitri
Pagrach-Chandra for a recipe for the Caribbean Fruitcake I was
wanting to replicate.

I found the book at the Hilo Library and brought it home....What a
great book!!!! I found almost the exact recipe for this
fruitcake.  In the book it is called Rich Caribbean Fruit Cake  - Black Cake.

The Jamaican client who used to bring me a loaf of it every year used
dried mangoes, papaya and pineapple in hers instead of the candied
citron, cherries and prunes called for in the recipe....but
otherwise, this sounds like the same thing!

Mahalo nui (thank you much) for suggesting this cookbook....There are
a lot of other interesting recipes in there that I'm enjoying reading
and adding to my "to try" list.

Sonia