RE: Mastercook software

Lobo <lobo119@gmail.com>
Sat, 21 Jan 2012 07:38:03 -0700
v112.n004.3
All my recipes are in Word.  You could use Pages on your Mac.  I have
a "food" directory containing file categories such as bread,
desserts, main dishes, etc. and insert new recipes regularly,
alphabetically. I have a separate directory for untried recipes and
occasionally search it for something I vaguely recall saving.)  I
print out each new recipe as soon as I have typed it and keep them in
a 3 ring binder in the kitchen.  This is perhaps not as convenient as
software written strictly for recipes, but at least it probably isn't
going away.  An option amenable to sharing would be to save these
files as .txt files which can be used by just about every word
processing program that exists.

The GMail account for just recipes is a great idea too.  I don't
think Google will go away, but then again ... who ever knows?  At
least in Word, I have the recipes on my own computer and backup.  I
do keep the recipes I share via email (which tend to be the best
ones) in my GMail account and so that serves as a backup too.

Lois