Loaves sticking in Romertopf

Deborah605@aol.com
Sat, 21 Jan 2012 13:50:33 -0500 (EST)
v112.n004.9
Diane, we've been using our Romertopfs since we bought them while
living in Europe, some 30 years ago. The only time we have a problem
with breads sticking is with sourdoughs. One solution is to put down
a small piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the baker and up
the long sides; when done, the ends of the bread loosen from the
baker, and the parchment keeps the bottom from sticking. After using
it for awhile, there shouldn't be a real problem with sticking, as a
patina will develop that makes the surface non-stick. One more thing,
if the baker develops an odor that you don't like, a heavy bristled
brush and some baking soda will take care of  it.