How to determine the amount of protein in bread flour

John Hileman <johnhi@comcast.net>
Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:17:43 -0500
v112.n007.5
I have recently taken to buying locally milled bread flour (Ivory
Brand from H. R. Wentzel's in Landisburg, Perry County, PA).  It
comes in 5 pound sacks tied with string at the top.  It is marked as
having washed, blended wheat.  For the curious, I paid $3.50 today
for my second bag at their hardware store in Newport, PA.

The flour does not come with a nutrition statement and when I asked
if they knew the protein content, they do not.  They also sell
"family flour" which I take to mean an all purpose type, so
presumably, the bread flour has a higher protein content..  (They
also mill corn meal, buckwheat, etc., etc.

The bread I have made so far with it seems fine, yet I am still
curious as to the protein content.  Googling didn't help.  So, does
anyone on the list know how to do a home test?