Re: Home milling of flour - costs

Anita Flanigan <glasgal@sbcglobal.net>
Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:19:15 -0800 (PST)
v112.n008.7
Mike:

Do you not have a natural food store (health food store, co-op) in
your area or nearby? That is how I purchase my flour and whole
grains. They usually have to pre-order your special items and that
may take a week or so.

A 50 lb sack of hard spring wheat was about $30.00 the last time I
bought it. A good bakery might even share the info or order for you
too.You have to store it in a cool place (under the house in buckets
works) I too used the Kitchen Aid mill for years and have recently
graduated to a larger stone mill for my Bosh and can make quite a few
different grinds as well as flakes. It makes the bread interesting and healthy.

Good luck in your search.

Anita