wheat berries

"dalepadams@juno.com" <dalepadams@juno.com>
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 00:46:59 GMT
v112.n008.9
Mike R. asked about wheat berries.  I do not grind wheat that I can
purchase inexpensively (I buy King Arthur when it is on sale or when
a storeis going out of business), but I do grind legumes and other
exotics instead of purchasing their flours which might not be
fresh.  You might trya vegetarian store or a health food store to
find wheat berries.  More upscale stores like Whole Foods might carry
them and feel to ask them tomake a special purchase for you.  If the
store has a bulk food section with wheat berries in it, they stock
the bins from 25-pound sacks.  I see sacks of hard red wheat and soft
white wheat in the Seventh Day Adventist (vegetarian) stores around
here (Chattanooga Tenn.).