Milling my own wheat

Mike Rodgers <pmiker@wildblue.net>
Sat, 25 Feb 2012 06:07:23 -0600
v112.n009.1
First, a thanks to all who have provided advice.  I really appreciate it.

Secondly, here's where I'm at now.

I found that www.internet-grocer.net has a warehouse about 5-6 miles
from my house.  They carry 45 lb superpails of both Hard Red and Hard
White wheat.  It comes from Walton Feed and is labeled for grinding
into flour.  The cost is about $27.5 for red and $26.5 for
white.  There are no Walmarts within 50 miles that carry wheat
berries.  The nearest health food store is 20 miles away and would
only have small quantities.  Even the local feed store could not get
any wheatberries.  While I'm only about 50 miles from the city,
resources out here are sparce.

I have put Gamma Lids on both pails.  The regular lid is a pain to
remove.  I like these.  I plan to get some more grains as I gain
confidence in doing this.  There are some recipes I've come across
that look interesting.  I have some rye flour to use up before I try
that.   I too like the idea of grinding just what I need and the
remainder stays safe and waits for me.

Thanks again,
Mike R.