Green Tomato Bread

Sun, 07 Oct 2012 11:36:40 -0700
v112.n037.4
A lot of tomatoes are grown around where we live (Los Banos,
California). Today we went to our annual Tomato Festival and bought
the cookbook.  This recipe was in it and it sounded really good.  If
you try it I hope you enjoy it.  Let me know what you think of it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                             Bread, Green Tomato

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Breads
                  Nuts

    2 1/4           cups  all-purpose flour
    1 1/2      teaspoons  baking powder
    1           teaspoon  baking soda
    1           teaspoon  salt
    1 1/4      teaspoons  cinnamon
       1/2      teaspoon  ground ginger
    2              large  eggs
       1/2           cup  firmly packed brown sugar
       2/3           cup  apple cider -- or apple juice
       1/2           cup  melted cooled butter
    1 1/2           cups  green tomatoes -- seeded and chopped
       3/4           cup  chopped walnuts

Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and
cinnamon.  In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, butter, and cider; add
flour mixture.  Stir just until blended.  Fold in chopped green
tomatoes and walnuts.  Pour batter into greased and floured loaf
pan.  Bake at 350F for 55 min or until pick comes out clean from
center.  Cool bread in pan for 10 min, then remove from pan and cool
completely on wire rack.

Source:
    "Los Banos Tomato Festival Cookbook, 2012"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 195 Calories; 10g Fat (44.8%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
42mg Cholesterol; 331mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.