Cloche questions

mdr-vdmschool@comcast.net
Sun, 10 Mar 2013 01:33:31 +0000 (UTC)
v113.n009.4
Hi,

I recently purchased a cloche from Williams-Sonoma (made by Sassafras
Enterprises), and attempted to make a sourdough boule with it. The
instructions say to season the base with some vegetable oil, but say
nothing about the top.

To make a long story short, after baking, the bread had adhered to
the top (mostly near the base) and the bottom to such an extent that
I couldn't pry the two halves apart. Fortunately, the rising dough
separated the top from the bottom enough so that I could get a knife
in there and slice the two halves apart.

If anyone out there has used a cloche, should I have done anything
different before I used it the first time? The instructions made no
mention of doing anything special.

What can I do in the future to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks very much!
Mark