Which KitchenAid to buy?

"Diane Purkiss" <dianepurkiss@btinternet.com>
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:49:59 -0000
v113.n011.1
My 9-year-old Kitchen Aid Artisan has died of a burned out gear, and
I'm thinking about replacing it with a more powerful model.  I used
the Artisan mostly for lighter mixtures like brioche and
detrempes.  I think what wrecked it was making butter blocks with
chilled butter....

I own a Kenwood Major, and a Cuisinart food processor, and a Bamix
hand blender  (too many gadgets?  Moi?).

I can get a K5 for 503 quid with tax, 419 without (come to sunny
England and give the government your money!), a heavy duty with a
970-watt motor for e
last two both have the same size motor and capacity, I don't get the
price differential.

They are only stocked here by the big cheffy place like Nisbets, so
it's tough to get any help from the salespersons.

I would be grateful for any advice.