Re: sticking problem

Anita Flanigan <glasgal@sbcglobal.net>
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:55:27 -0700 (PDT)

Since I rise overnight and use a banneton this might help you.

I use a well floured cloth to line my baskets. Never wash them just
add more flour but do dry them between bakings. Then fold them back.
Grab the bottom of the basket and upend onto the hot stone. Slash in
the oven pour boiling water into the pan on the floor of the oven
spray with water and proceed to bake.

My culture is drier. Desem actually. And it sounds like my dough is
also drier. The loaves do not spread much. 5 cups flours to 1 3/4
cups bottled water some additions like potato flour and toasted wheat
germ a little ascorbic acid malt and 1T salt added mid mixing.
Sometimes I do add a little more water 2-3T only.

The cloth is very thin cotton loose weave so it holds the flour.

Make changes slowly one at a time. Might add 1t yeast for a boost.

I've used this method for many years but still experiment with new
recipes. This is our "daily loaf'.

Hope these suggestions help.
Anita Flanigan