Gluten free Cinnamon raisin bread

Joan <northstarkennels@aol.com>
Mon, 5 Aug 2013 16:42:09 -0400
v113.n029.8
Cinnamon raisin bread

King Arthur gluten-free bread and pizza mix
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp white sugar
1 Cup raisins

You can vary the amounts of cinnamon and/or sugar as you desire.

I follow directions on box for bread mix up to just before the 2nd rise.

Put raisins in small mixing bowl. While bread is rising 1st time pour
enough boiling water to cover raisins and cover with a plate. Leave
at least 15-20 mins. In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Just
before putting bread in a pan for 2nd rise (#3 in directions on box)
drain raisins well. Then gently fold in raisins and cinnamon-sugar
mix as you deflate bread mix then put bread in pan and follow
directions. I put a wash of egg while over the bread just before
putting it in the oven - it looks so pretty shiny.

When bread is removed from the pan and while still hot I drizzle
confectionary sugar with a slight amount of milk mixed in.

Eat and enjoy.
Joan

An excellent source of gluten-free baking and cooking information is
the books and website of Annalise Roberts <www.foodphilosopher.com>.

Another source of gluten-free ingredients is <www.glutenfree-supermarket.com>.