Re: food processor recommendation

Lobo <lobo119@gmail.com>
Sat, 23 Nov 2013 16:30:32 -0700
v113.n043.6
I went to take a good look at the Ninja and found it didn't have a
shredding/slicing blade. That had to be obtained elsewhere for about
$60. So I decided not to get it.

I went to Walmart and looked over all the food processors and bought
a Hamilton Beach Stack & Snap for about $50. I've used it twice so
far, but tested slicing, shredding, pureeing and chopping.

I like it a lot. There's no twisting of parts ... they just stack.
The chopping blade will stay in the bowl when you pour things out.
Everything stacks together very efficiently and the footprint of the
machine is about half what my old FP was.

Thanks for the input ... Lois

Lois asked for a food processor recommendation and said:
 > >Sam's is offering $30 off the Ninja Mega Kitchen System. Has anyone
 > >ever used that?
 >
 > I have looked at that machine and am still thinking about it.  I have
 > the Ninja chopper, mixer set with the motor on top.  It works
 > fantastic for smoothies and pureeing stuff.  Have even chopped ice in
 > the small containers and it comes out just like snow cone ice.  Sam's
 > had that unit with two carafes and two small veggie choppers for
 > around $50 a couple of years ago.
 >
 > And the Mega Kitchen System claims to have the same wattage as the
 > Vitamix - the cadillac of food processors at something north of
 > $400.  I've seen a Vitamix work, and there is no question it is
 > really good.  The Sam's price for the Ninja is well under the selling
 > price at other speciality stores.

--047d7b5d48425530d604ebe084ec

didn&#39;t have a shredding/slicing blade. That had to be obtained elsewher=
e for about $60. So I decided not to get it.<br><br>I went to Walmart and l=
ooked over all the food processors and bought a Hamilton Beach Stack &amp; =
Snap for about $50. I&#39;ve used it twice so far, but tested slicing, shre=
dding, pureeing and chopping. <br>
The chopping blade will stay in the bowl when you pour things out. Everythi=
ng stacks together very efficiently and the footprint of the machine is abo=
ut half what my old FP was. <br>
l_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Lois asked for a food processor recommendation and said:<br>
&gt;Sam&#39;s is offering $30 off the Ninja Mega Kitchen System. Has anyone=
&gt;ever used that?<br>
I have looked at that machine and am still thinking about it. =A0I have<br>
the Ninja chopper, mixer set with the motor on top. =A0It works<br>
fantastic for smoothies and pureeing stuff. =A0Have even chopped ice in<br>
the small containers and it comes out just like snow cone ice. =A0Sam&#39;s=
had that unit with two carafes and two small veggie choppers for<br>
around $50 a couple of years ago.<br>
And the Mega Kitchen System claims to have the same wattage as the<br>
Vitamix - the cadillac of food processors at something north of<br>
$400. =A0I&#39;ve seen a Vitamix work, and there is no question it is<br>
really good. =A0The Sam&#39;s price for the Ninja is well under the selling=
/div>

--047d7b5d48425530d604ebe084ec--