Zojirushi Bread Machine

"Mary O'Dea" <snyderme@comcast.net>
Sat, 4 Jan 2014 19:38:47 -0600
v114.n001.1
just a question for any who know: can the custom (i.e. 'home made')
settings on the 2-lb model be used for making a 1, or 1.5-lb loaf? or
does the shape of the pan preclude that possibility?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

[[Editor's notes:

Zo doesn't have different settings for loaf size. Our BBCC-S15 (from
almost 20 years ago) has recipes for 1.5 and 2.0 lb loaves. The
instruction books for the current models (BB-PAC20 and BB-CEC20) also
have recipes for 2.0 and 1.5 lb basic white breads. We've made 1.0 lb
loaves in our Zo with no problems.

The shape of the pan isn't a problem - we have a Breadman TR2200C
with a similar pan (but only one paddle) and it has settings for 1.0,
1.5 and 2.0 lb loaves. The program differences between the size
settings are not very large (these are from the basic white bread program):
   Kneading:
     2.0 lb: 1st knead is 2 min longer and 2nd knead is 2 min shorter
than 1.0 and 1.5 lb programs
   Baking:
     1.5 lb: 2 min longer than 1.0 lb program
     2.0 lb: 5 min longer than 1.0 lb program

Breadman's loaf size differences in baking times are much smaller
than the differences between the light/med/dark programs:
     medium: 10 min longer than light program
     dark: 20 min longer than light program

Zo doesn't provide specific baking times are for their light/med/dark
settings, but for the BBCC-15 basic white bread program the baking
time is "50 - 55 min", so I take this to mean that dark = light + 5 min.

Does anyone have actual experience with the new Zo?

Hope this helps,
Jeff
]]