Re: breadtwists (v114.n005)

Jeff Dwork <jeff@jeff-and-reggie.com>
Sun, 16 Feb 2014 22:12:15 -0800
v114.n007.6
Deb asked if the breadtwists are chewy. They are certainly chewy
rather than crunchy. I say chewy, Reggie says not very chewy.

The recipe we posted didn't specify quantities for the butter and
garlic. I used 2 Tbsp melted butter and 1 Tbsp minced garlic. The
butter could be decreased a bit.

I rolled the dough to about 9" x 14". It was way too soft and sticky
to fold in half. Next time I'll roll it out on plastic wrap. Cut the
dough the long way and have a big baking sheet. My twists grew 1.5x
during baking. Don't overbake - the bottoms get tough.

These aren't a very good copy of the Pizza Factory bread twists - the
dough is too soft, so they have an obvious flat bottom - but they are
very good whatevers.

Jeff