Re: Rosemary Bread (bread-bakers.v114.n010)

dmrogers218@comcast.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:16:10 +0000 (UTC)
v114.n011.2
This bread sounds really good and I can't wait to try it. What type
flour? I would assume all purpose or bread flour? Also how much
garlic? I would think 1 clove? And last - is 1 pound of cornmeal
correct? I would think 1/2 heaping cup would be more than enough. Thanks!

deb in Georgia

[[Editor's note: It's actually 1 Tbsp of cornmeal for sprinkling on
the baking surface. But that's the least of the problems. There's no
water (except for 2 Tbsp to proof the yeast)! The recipe on the web
doesn't specify the garlic, but I'd use one clove. You might try 3/4
to 1 cup of water, or use your favorite white bread recipe with the
seasonings from this recipe.  We have added these notes to the recipe
in the archives. -- Jeff]]