Chocolaty Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat Muffins

Fri, 16 Oct 2015 07:49:48 -0700
v115.n041.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                Muffins, Chocolaty Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat

Recipe By     :Jasmine31
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Breads/Muffins/Rolls
                  Chocolate/Cocoa                 Grains
                  Posted

    4               cups  all-purpose flour
    4               cups  whole wheat flour
    2               cups  granulated sugar
    2          teaspoons  baking powder
    2        tablespoons  baking soda
    2          teaspoons  salt
    8        tablespoons  unsweetened cocoa powder
    4              large  eggs
    3 1/2           cups  milk
    1 1/3           cups  vegetable oil
    3               cups  semisweet chocolate chips
    2          teaspoons  ground cinnamon
    2          teaspoons  ground nutmeg
    1         tablespoon  vanilla

I was originally interested in making a chocolate nut bread from Very
Best Baking but decided I needed something more chocolaty and with
more spices. So I decided to merge that recipe with another muffin
recipe I use that calls for cinnamon and nutmeg. I wanted it to look
chocolaty too though so I also added cocoa powder. I do want to add
that this recipe is not very sweet. It is just right. You can use
just all purpose flour if desired. This recipe will make 48 regular
sized muffins or 24 Texas sized muffins. You can also freeze some for later.

Turn the oven on to 350F.

Spray cooking spray on four 12 cup muffin pans, or four 6 cup Texas
size muffin pans.

Combine both flours, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and
salt into a large mixing bowl.

Combine the milk, eggs and vegetable oil in a medium mixing bowl, add
this to the flour mixture; mix it until it is moist.

Stir in 3 cups chocolate morsels and any nuts if desired. Pour into
waiting cupcake pans.

Bake these at 350° F for 18-20 minutes if you are using the 12 cup
pans. Bake for 22-25 minutes if using the 6 cup pans. Let cool,
remove. Let cool on wire racks if desired.

S(Internet address):
    "http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolaty-chocolate-chip-whole-wheat-muffins-272351";
Start to Finish Time:
    "0:35"
T(bake):
    "0:20"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 229 Calories; 11g Fat (40.0%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
20mg Cholesterol; 283mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.