Whole Wheat Cheddar Beer Bread

Fri, 01 Apr 2016 22:37:35 -0700
v116.n011.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Bread, Whole Wheat Cheddar Beer

Recipe By     :Prose
Categories    : Alcohol                         Bread
                  Grains                          Posted
                  Side Dish                       Snacks

    2               cups  all-purpose flour
    1                cup  whole wheat flour
    3          teaspoons  baking powder
    1           teaspoon  salt
       3/4           cup  shredded cheddar cheese
    12            ounces  beer -- (1 bottle)
    6        tablespoons  unsalted butter -- melted

Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a 9 by 5" loaf pan with cooking spray
or line with parchment paper.

Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.

Add cheese and beer and stir well. Dough will be extremely thick. I
used my hands to incorporate the last bits of flour.

Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.  Drizzle melted butter over the top.

Bake at 375F for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and middle is set.

Slice and serve with apple butter, if desired.

Source:
    "Adapted, barely, from How Sweet It Is."
S(Internet address):
    "http://www.food.com/recipe/whole-wheat-peanut-butter-banana-bread-with-chocolate-chips-219189";
Start to Finish Time:
    "0:50"
T(bake):
    "0:40"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 134 Calories; 6g Fat (38.9%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
15mg Cholesterol; 231mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.