ABM Homemade Wonder Bread

maybelle <maybelle0101@gmail.com>
Mon, 7 Nov 2016 14:14:10 -0800
v116.n042.3
I think I found this recipe at Allrecipes.com long ago. The ABM
Homemade Wonder Bread makes a soft loaf of white bread.

ABM Homemade Wonder Bread

2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water, (110F)
1 tablespoon white sugar

4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup instant potato flakes
1/4 cup powdered milk
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup warm water, (110F)

Whisk together the yeast, 1/4 cup warm water and  1 T sugar. Allow to
sit for 15 minutes.

Add ingredients in the order suggested by your machine's
manufacturer, including the yeast mixture. Select the basic and light
crust setting.

This recipe yields a 2 pound loaf.

Comments: A white bread recipe without a stong yeast flavor. Proofing
the yeast first eliminates some of the yeast taste from the final product.

***
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Mark Twain found at Wikiquote under the Creative Commons 3.0 license.