Tassajara Whole Wheat Muffins

Jeff Dwork <jeff@jeff-and-reggie.com>
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:23:39 -0800
v117.n003.6
This is an old favorite from "The Tassajara Bread Book" by Edward
Espe Brown, ISBN 978-1-59030-704-5. The book has numerous variations
on this recipe, all good.

You must use a reflective muffin pan or a silicone pan on a
reflective baking sheet for these. If you use a dark pan, the muffins
will be tough. I used a 12-muffin silicone pan on a 9"x13" shiny pan,
which is just big enough to support the muffin pan.

I used a coarse-ground flour: Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Graham Flour.

Jeff

* Exported from MasterCook *

                Muffins, Whole Wheat (Tassajara Bread Book)

Recipe By     :
Categories    :

   2               cups  whole-wheat flour
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      1/4           cup  oil
      1/4           cup  honey -- up to 1/2 cup
   1                     egg -- beaten
   1 1/2           cups  milk

Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients. Fold quickly
together, just until flour is moistened. Spoon into greased muffin
tin. Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes.

Yield:
   "12 each"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 155 Calories; 6g Fat (35.2%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
22mg Cholesterol; 192mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.