Easter Bread with Anise

Sue <sue.interport@rcn.com>
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 11:05:26 -0400 (EDT)
v117.n013.1
It's a delicious sweet egg bread. I worked it up for the bread machine. For Easter I remove the dough after the first rise, punch it down, and form it into 2-3 "nests" with an egg in the middle. Then brush with milk and bake 350F until done (around 20 min). After it's cool, I cover with a glaze and colorful sprinkles.

EASTER BREAD

1 egg plus enough milk to total 3/4 c
3 T honey
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp anise
2-3 drops of yellow food coloring (to give it a nice sunny color and cover up the brown vanilla tint)
2-1/2 c flour (bread or all-purpose)
4 T butter (I cut cold butter into very small pieces rather than melting)
1-1/2 tsp yeast (make a well in the top of the flour and add it)

Sweet bread cycle, light crust.