Nana's Christmas Stollen Bread 1

Tue, 19 Dec 2017 14:40:55 -0800
v117.n050.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Bread, Nana's Christmas Stollen 1

Recipe By     :Christine L.
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Christmas                       Fruit
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Side Dish                       Snacks

   1 1/2           cups  milk
      1/2           cup  white sugar
      3/4           cup  butter
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   2                     eggs
   2                     egg yolks
   5 2/3           cups  all-purpose flour
   1              ounce  active dry yeast
      1/2      teaspoon  ground cardamom
      1/2           cup  raisins
      1/2           cup  candied citrus peel
      1/2           cup  candied cherries

A German Christmas treat. This recipe was handed down by my great
grandmother to my grandmother to my mother.

Bake: 25 min
Total: 25 min

Scald milk. Add sugar, butter, and salt, and cool to lukewarm. Add 2
whole eggs, and 2 yolks. Mix.

Add to 3 cups flour and yeast in food processor. Process and let rise
until double.

Add cardamom, raisins, citron, and cherries, and rest of flour.
Process and put on floured board and knead. Let rise in greased bowl.

When risen, cut into 3-4 pieces. Roll each into an oval, butter, and
fold in half lengthwise. Put on greased baking sheet, cover, and let
rise until double.

Bake at 375F (190C) for 25 minutes.

Remove to rack. When cool, frost with white butter frosting and
decorate with candied cherry halves and sprinkle with colored sugar.

S(Internet Address):
   "<http://allrecipes.com/recipe/9347/nanas-christmas-stollen/>"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 150 Calories; 5g Fat (29.8%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
35mg Cholesterol; 83mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2017 - 1219