Blackberry Farm Griddle Cakes

Megan Lee <meggers616@gmail.com>
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 14:42:44 -0400
v118.n021.1
We have had a fair share of pancakes, and so far, this is our favorite
recipe for griddle/pancakes. We can't go back to normal pancakes after
this...! I'm not sure if pancakes are technically considered 'bread', but
since the oatcakes made it, hopefully these will qualify , too! Thank you
for upkeeping this wonderful email digest.

Blackberry Farm Griddle Cakes
INGREDIENTS
1 large egg
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Vegetable oil (for skillet)

RECIPE PREPARATION
Whisk egg, buttermilk, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Whisk oat flour,
cornmeal, rice flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
in a large bowl.

Whisk buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients, then whisk in butter until
no lumps remain.

Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat; lightly brush
with oil. Working in batches, pour batter by 1/4-cupfuls into skillet. Cook
until bottoms are browned and bubbles form on top of griddle cakes, about 3
minutes. Flip and cook until griddle cakes are cooked through, about 2
minutes longer.

Recipe by Blackberry Farm In Walland TN, Photos by Gentl Hyers

Source: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/blackberry-farm-griddle-cakes
<http://whyisfoodsogood.blogspot.com>