Hot Dog Pans

Ken Vaughan <kvaughan@acsalaska.net>
Wed, 11 Jul 2018 23:26:13 -0400
v118.n026.1
Just been down the road to get a better size bun than the New England
Hot Dog pan.

My spouse likes the Tucson AZ special Sonoran Hotdog sold in hundreds
of carts.  The buns are a special narrow shaped bolito bun but longer
than a standard ball park bun.

Amazon sells

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078S4MYG3/

These are individual pans that make a large bun.  I have been baking
high hydration non-need lean breads and I get good buns at 500 F using
about 6 ounces of dough.   I use a sheet pan to hold them with
a 3/8 steel plate in the rack under the sheet pan.

I also got a silicone mesh 3 bun form similar to

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQG9RV1/

In the couple months since ordering the 3 bun is no longer there and
now is a 6 hole form.  The holes are the same as the metal pan above
sans the curves and the end and bottom.

The mesh works at lower tems (I use 440 F max) and works well with
enriched doughs are lower temps.  6-7 ounces and will work as a sub
sandwich bun.  For the two of use, either style works and we often
split a single bun/hotdog anyway.

My wife preferrs the buns from the metal pans.

Ken