Russian Sweet Piroshky

Sun, 12 Aug 2018 21:55:17 -0700
v118.n030.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Bread, Russian Sweet Piroshky

Recipe By     :Natalya Drozhzhin
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Desserts
                 Ethnic                          Posted

                         Dough:
   2               cups  Milk
      1/2          cups  Sugar
   4                     Eggs
      1/4          cups  Oil
   2        tablespoons  Sour Cream
   1         tablespoon  Vanilla Extract
   5               cups  Flour
   1         tablespoon  Dry Yeast
                         Filling:
   1                cup  Poppy Seeds
   2             ounces  condensed milk, sweetened
      1/4           cup  Sugar

Combine yeast together with half a cup of warm milk and one
tablespoons of sugar. Let ingredients rest on a counter for 10 minutes.

In a large bow (I use my 6 quart kitchen aid) combine eggs together
with milk, sugar, oil, vanilla and sour cream, whisking ingredients each time.

Add yeast mixture and one cup of flour into the ingredients, in a
large bowl. Whisk everything together, cover with a towel and let it
rest in a warm place for an hour.

Mix in flour by thirds using Kitchen aid mixer or your hands. Knead
the dough until it is elastic, or at least for 10 minutes. Let dough
rise for an hour.

Make small balls out of the dough. Use oil to prevent dough from
sticking to your hands. Too much oil on the dough may prevent
piroshki from sealing. Flatten out dough and place filling inside.
Fold over the sides and pinch the edges together to seal the dough.

This dough is perfect for any sweet filled piroshki; I prefer poppy
seeds for filling. If you are in for savory piroshki, I have you
covered with my sister's recipe - Savory Piroshky.

Prep: 30 min
Cook: 40 min
Ready in: 4:10
Serving size: 50 units

Using a deep pan, fill it up with lots of oil. Keep stove top on
medium/low heat, while frying. Fry each of the piroshki, until they
are golden brown on each side. Break one apart to see if it's cooked
through. Lay them out on a paper towel, allowing the paper towel to absorb oil.

FILLING:

I have only made poppy seed filling in a Vitamix blender and it
worked great for me. Soak poppy seeds in hot water for 15 minutes.
Drain out all water from poppy seeds, combine them together with
condensed milk and sugar. Blend for about 30 seconds or until texture
is smooth.

S(Internet address):
   "http://momsdish.com/recipe/224/russian-sweet-piroshky";
Yield:
   "50 "

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 200 Calories; 7g Fat (30.8%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
38mg Cholesterol; 26mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 0729