Gingerbread Scones with Eggnog Glaze

Sun, 16 Dec 2018 18:44:24 -0800
v118.n050.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                   Scones with Eggnog Glaze, Gingerbread

Recipe By     : Kellie
Serving Size  : 6     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Holidays                        Posted

      3/4           cup  cold heavy cream -- plus
   1         tablespoon  cold heavy cream
   1              large  egg
      1/4           cup  molasses
   2               cups  all-purpose flour -- plus more for work surface
      1/4           cup  light brown sugar
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  ground ginger
      3/4      teaspoon  ground cinnamon
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      1/8      teaspoon  ground cloves
   6        tablespoons  cold unsalted butter -- (3/4 stick), cut
into small pieces
                         granulated sugar -- for sprinkling
      1/2           cup  powdered sugar
   3        tablespoons  eggnog

Start your holiday morning with a pile of Gingerbread Scones drizzled
with eggnog glaze.

PREP: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 18 MINUTES
TOTAL: 28 MINUTES

Preheat oven to 400F. In a small bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup of
cream, egg and molasses. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour,
granulated sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt and cloves.

With a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it
resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter
remaining. With a fork, stir in the cream mixture until just
combined. The dough will still be crumbly.

Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and pat into a
6-inch circle. Cut into 6 wedges and transfer to a parchment-lined
baking sheet. Brush the tops with 1 tablespoon cream and sprinkle
with granulated sugar. Transfer to the oven and bake until golden, 16
to 18 minutes, rotating the sheet pan halfway through. Allow to cool
on the sheet pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to
cool completely.

While the scone cool, whisk together the powdered sugar and eggnog
until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the scones. Allow the glaze to
set, approximately 30 minutes, before serving.

Store in an airtight container for up to 48 hours. Best when served
the same day.

Cal 489, Fat 23g, Carb 63g, Sod 231mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 6g

Review: Made these today. Recipe is a bit off regarding sugar, but I
figured it out. Smell is heavenly. Will eat in a bit. I also made
these into 8 pieces, 6 is way too big.

Reply: Thanks so much for trying out the recipe! I appreciate your
comment. The sugar amount is personal preference, the scone is much
less sweet than a cookie and so the sugar amount is reduced
significantly. And I agree, the 6 scones are on the large size so
cutting them smaller is definitely a great idea. I do it usually, but
for this recipeâ?¦I felt 6 was good if being served for brunch.

S(Internet address):
   "https://thesuburbansoapbox.com/gingerbread-scones-with-eggnog-glaze/";
Yield:
   "6 to 8"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 488 Calories; 25g Fat (46.2%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
115mg Cholesterol; 379mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 5 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 1216