Chef John's Blueberry Muffins

Wed, 12 Dec 2018 20:58:49 -0800
v118.n050.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Muffins, Chef John's Blueberry

Recipe By     : Chef John
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted

   1                cup  white sugar
      1/2           cup  butter -- softened
   2              large  eggs
   2        tablespoons  vegetable oil
   1                cup  sour cream
      1/2           cup  milk
   1         tablespoon  grated lemon zest
   3               cups  all-purpose flour
   1         tablespoon  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  baking soda
      3/4      teaspoon  salt
   2               cups  fresh blueberries

I decided to push the envelope and toss in 2 cups of blueberries!

Prep: 15 min
Cook: 30 min
Ready In: 45 min

Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Grease 16 muffin cups, or line with
paper muffin liners.

Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3
minutes. Stir in eggs until well mixed. Add vegetable oil, stir to
combine. Whisk sour cream, milk, and lemon zest into butter mixture
until smooth.

Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.

Stir half the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined.
Add remaining half of flour mixture and blueberries into the batter,
folding together until just combined.

Review: These are very good. I ended up with 24 muffins instead of
only 16 and only needed about 23 minutes or so in my oven. I know
that the muffin pan sizes vary so if you end up with more than 16,
start checking after 20 minutes to make sure you don't over bake these.

Review: These blueberry muffins are EXCELLENT but only bake them for
18 to 20 minutes (depending on your oven). I baked them at 375F and
they were perfect at 20 minutes. I'd only recommend 30 minutes if you
really like the taste of blueberry flavored charcoal. Made these to
bring to work and they were a huge hit. Loved this recipe - reduce
the cooking time.

S(Internet address):
   "https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/223041/chef-johns-blueberry-muffins/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 255 Calories; 12g Fat (40.6%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
49mg Cholesterol; 311mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 0719