5 Minute Flax Wheat Bread

Sat, 26 Jan 2019 20:07:07 -0800
v119.n004.5
Note: Canadian whole wheat flour is partially degermed - up to 5% of
the kernel may be removed to increase shelf life. In Canada, "whole
grain" flour is the equivalent of "whole wheat" in the US, UK, and
EU. You may want to mix some all-purpose flour with your whole grain
flour. I don't know how much, but possibly 60% whole grain to 40%
all-purpose (see Oatmeal Apple Banana Low Fat Muffins in this digest -
it's also a Canadian recipe).

* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Bread, 5 Minute Flax Wheat

Recipe By     :natalya drozhzhin
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Stand Mixer

   3               cups  Whole Wheat Flour -- I am using Canadian flour
   2          teaspoons  Yeast
   1           teaspoon  Salt
   1                cup  Ground Flax seeds
   1 1/2           cups  Luke Warm Water

Whole grain breads are typically hard in texture, but this recipe
makes it fluffy and wonderful. This bread is so healthy and so
amazingly delicious.

Prep: 5 min
Cook: 30 min
Ready in: 35 min

Combine by tossing the dry ingredients together. Add in water in
small portions. Stir in together with a spatula.

Stir in water. You can finish off by folding it all together by hand
or just combine it all with a spatula. Place the dough into a large
bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap or a lid and leave it on a
counter, overnight.

The next day, dough will be bubbly, fluffy and a little sticky. Flour
your hands and form one large or two small bread loafs. Place the
loafs on a flour baking sheet, cover it with a towel and let it rise
for about an hour.

Preheat the oven to 450F. You will need to have 2 shelves in an oven.
Pour 2 cups of hot, boiled water into the deep cooking sheet. Place
this cooking sheet on a lower level, inside your oven. This will make
the bread crispy and make it rise more. Place the bread on the top
level. Remove water from the oven after 10 minutes. Keep on baking
bread for another 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of the bread).

Review: Aloha. Just wanted to tell you I made your bread
yesterday/today. It is terrific and I can't believe how easy it is.
Mahalo for another success stab at making bread.

Review: I tried to make this bread with homemade whole wheat flour
(grounded kernels in vitamix). The bread didn't rise as well as
yours... But I really like the result. The bread is healthy, without
unknown addings. Next time I will add more yeast, because the
homemade flour is heavier than flour we buy in a store. I love this
bread, it's so easy to make!!!

Review: I just made this bread, I did not have ground flax seed at
home, so I used buckwheat flour instead. It turned out pretty good!
Crispy in the outside, soft inside.

S(Internet address):
   "http://momsdish.com/recipe/590/5-minute-flax-wheat-bread";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 201 Calories; 6g Fat (25.2%
calories from fat); 8g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 222mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 1 Fat.

NOTES : 2018 - 0720