Grandma's Honey Muffins

Sun, 10 Feb 2019 20:20:41 -0800
v119.n008.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Muffins, Grandma's Honey

Recipe By     :Darlis A. Wilfer
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted

   2               cups  all-purpose flour
      1/2           cup  sugar
   3          teaspoons  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   1              large  egg -- room temperature
   1                cup  2% milk
      1/4           cup  butter -- melted
      1/4           cup  honey

I can remember my Grandma Wheeler making these delicious muffins -
we'd eat them nice and warm, fresh from the oven! She was a "pinch of
this" and "handful of that" kind of cook, so getting the ingredient
amounts correct for the recipe was a challenge. Now it's a family treasure!

Prep/Total: 30 min
Serving Size: 1 muffin

Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking
powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, butter and
honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake
until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 18
minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.

Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in freezer containers. To use,
thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on
high until heated through, 20 to 30 seconds.

Cal 179, Fat 5g, Carb 31g, Sod 242mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: Absolutely Delicious! These can be made for breakfast or in
place of corn bread. Loved them with soup. They are a perfect muffin.

Review: Tried this recipe and was very pleased. It made 12 muffins.
The first ones were just a little sweet for me so next time I cut the
honey by about half. Highly recommend this recipe

Review: Excellent!! A friend gives me unfiltered honey, which is what
I made these with and the flavor was outstanding!!! Didn't even need
butter. I am adding this to my cookbook....... thanks for sharing!!

Source:
   "Originally published as Grandma's Honey Biscuits in Taste of Home
April/May 2007"
S(Internet address):
   "https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grandma-s-honey-muffins/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 180 Calories; 5g Fat (23.9%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
30mg Cholesterol; 267mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0210