Soft and Foldable Gluten Free Wraps

Sun, 23 Jun 2019 18:25:20 -0700
v119.n026.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                    Wraps, Soft and Foldable Gluten Free

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Stand Mixer

      1/4           cup  Warm Water -- 105-110F
   2                tsp  Active Dry Yeast
   2               Tbsp  Honey
   1 1/4           cups  Millet Flour
      1/4           cup  Brown Rice Flour -- or White Rice Flour
   1 1/2            tsp  Xanthan Gum
   1                tsp  Baking Powder
      1/2           tsp  Salt
   2               Tbsp  Gluten Free Egg Replacer -- (prepared
according to pkg directions) or 2 Eggs
   2               Tbsp  Olive Oil
      1/4           cup  warm Water -- Up to, as needed**

We won't lie, this is one of our new favorite recipes! These Soft and
Foldable Gluten Free Wraps are perfect for Mediterranean platters,
wraps and more.

Notes: I made this both with whole eggs and egg replacer. The egg
replacer honestly made a softer wrap that stayed soft for a few days
without needed to be heated to soften. They both work, which is why I
gave both versions, but I highly recommend you use the egg replacer
if you can. **Water is tricky in breads like this. Really, it depends
on the day. 1/4 cup may seem like a lot of difference, but one day I
needed 1 Tbsp and the next I needed 1/4 cup. Also, if you use whole
eggs you will likely not need to add too much extra water. The dough
should be sticky, but not wet like a lot of gluten free doughs
typically have to be.

PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 10 to 15 minutes
PASSIVE: 1 to 2 hours
Makes: 10 small or 5 large wraps

Combine warm water, yeast and honey. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until
active and bubbly. While waiting, prep dough ingredients.

In the large bowl of a standing mixer, combine the millet flour, rice
flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. Next
add the prepared egg replacer (or eggs), olive oil and yeast mixture.
Blend on medium using a dough hook. Add additional water as needed,
starting with a tablespoon at a time. Knead in your mixer for 5 minutes.

Lightly flour a small piece of parchment paper or board. Using a
large cookie scoop, scoop out some dough onto the floured surface.
Sprinkle the top of the dough with a little flour, then place the
ball on a parchment-lined baking sheet and, with wet hands, flatten
the dough into the shape/size you want. Continue with the remaining dough.

Cover the dough with plastic wrap or a light towel. Either leave in a
warm draft-free place in your kitchen, or place in your oven with the
light on. Allow to rise until doubled in size. This will take 1 to 2
hours, depending on how warm your area is. The oven only takes about an hour.

Remove dough from the oven if using it to proof. Preheat your oven to
350F and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Be
careful not to overcook so they stay soft. Cool on a wire rack.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes/how-to-make/soft-and-foldable-gluten-free-wraps

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 115 Calories; 3g Fat (24.2%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
trace Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0623