Apple Walnut Bran Muffins

Wed, 21 Aug 2019 18:46:52 -0700
v119.n036.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Muffins, Apple Walnut Bran

Recipe By     :Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Low Fat                         Muffins/Rolls
                 Nuts                            Posted

   1                cup  toasted wheat bran -- see Note
   1                cup  all-purpose flour
   1 1/2      teaspoons  baking soda
   1           teaspoon  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      1/4           cup  chopped walnuts
      3/4           cup  low-fat plain yogurt
      1/2           cup  packed light brown sugar
      1/4           cup  egg substitute
      1/3           cup  applesauce
   2        tablespoons  molasses
   1                     apple -- peeled, cored, and chopped

Who said muffins can't be a little lighter yet still be packed with
great taste? Maybe you should make a double batch of these, 'cause
they freeze well (if there are any left after they hit your table).

COOK: 15 min

Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine wheat bran, flour, baking soda, baking
powder, salt, and walnuts; set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, brown sugar, egg substitute,
applesauce, and molasses; stir with a spoon until well mixed. Add
yogurt mixture to wheat bran mixture and stir with a spoon just until
blended. Gently fold in the apple.

Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter and bake 15 to 20 minutes,
or until tops are golden and spring back when lightly touched.

Note: Toasted wheat bran can be found just that way (already toasted)
in the supermarket cereal aisle.

Review: Really yum! I used wheat germ instead of wheat bran and
worked great. The only problem is they were gone the first day and I
just made another batch, this time I added raisins. Thanks for a
great, healthy recipe.

Review: Really yum! I used wheat germ instead of wheat bran and
worked great. The only problem is they were gone the first day and I
just made another batch, this time I added raisins. Thanks for a
great, healthy recipe.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.mrfood.com/Bread/Apple-Walnut-Bran-Muffins-2278

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 137 Calories; 2g Fat (14.9%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
trace Cholesterol; 314mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0424