Freezing scones before baking

Sat, 07 Sep 2019 22:48:10 -0700
v119.n036.6
Barry C. Parsons of rockrecipes.com wrote this on his website.
<https://www.rockrecipes.com/freezing-scones/>

What happened when I froze prepared scones before baking and then
baked them from frozen.

With all that effort going in, I thought it was a bit of a shame that
their enjoyment would be so fleeting. I decided to experiment with
freezing half the batch to bake later. Boy, was I glad I did!

I woke early this morning and placed the scones on a parchment lined
baking sheet and let them thaw for about 30 minutes before popping
them into a 400F hot oven for about 25 minutes. I think letting them
thaw in the fridge overnight would also work very well.

The result of this little experiment was outstanding! I don't know
that I would be able to tell the difference between a freshly made
batch and those baked from frozen.

 From now on I will be routinely freezing scones and maybe making
double batches to enjoy several weeks down the road.

So if you are trying to plan a brunch in advance, need just a few for
your small family or yourself, or just would like to have fresh
scones for weeks with practically no extra effort every weekend, this
idea will be right up your alley.