TNT Butter Crust Bread

maybelle <maybelle0101@gmail.com>
Wed, 12 Feb 2020 12:11:09 -0800
v120.n007.1
I've made this bread many times using my food processor.

Butter Crust Bread

  1         tablespoon  yeast
  1         tablespoon  sugar
  2 3/4           cups  flour
  3        tablespoons  dried milk
  2        tablespoons  cold butter, cut into 2 pieces
  1           teaspoon  salt
  1                cup  warm water
  2        tablespoons  butter, melted and cooled

Add the yeast, sugar, flour, dried milk, cold butter, and salt to a
food processor bowl. Reserve the water and melted butter.

Combine until well mixed. Add the water until a soft dough starts to
form. Let rest a couple minutes. Process until a soft dough
forms. Take dough out of food processor bowl and knead gently a few
times in a large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10
minutes.  Remove and shape dough into a loaf. Place in a greased
8-inch loaf pan. Cut a 7-inch slash into top of dough. Pour the cooled
melted butter into slash area. Let rise until double.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until
golden. Makes 1 loaf.

Source:  King Arthur Flour