Zucchini Pineapple Bread

Tue, 11 Feb 2020 19:07:49 -0800
v120.n008.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Bread, Zucchini Pineapple

Recipe By     :Paula Montenegro
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Nuts                            Posted
                 Quickbread

   2               cups  all-purpose flour
   1                cup  whole wheat pastry flour
   1           teaspoon  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
   1         tablespoon  ground cinnamon
   3                     eggs -- room temp
   1                cup  granulated sugar
      1/2           cup  light brown sugar
   2           teaspoon  vanilla extract
   1                cup  vegetable oil
   3               cups  grated zucchini -- (about 2-3 medium)
   1                cup  pineapple -- crushed or chopped (drained)
   1                cup  walnuts

With walnuts and some whole wheat flour, it is very easy to make and
keeps really well. It can be also made into muffins or tube cake.

Prep: 20 min
Cook: 45 min
Total: 1:05
Yield: 2 medium loaves

Preheat oven to 350F.

Grease two 9- by 5" loaf pans. I like to line them with a strip of
parchment paper (aluminum foil works too) so it's easier to unmold.

In a large bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, baking soda,
salt and cinnamon.

In another bowl, lightly beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil.

Add zucchini to wet ingredients and mix well.

Add flour mixture and stir.

Stir in pineapple and walnuts and mix well.

Pour batter into prepared pans. Smooth tops.

Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until loaf springs back when lightly touched.

Cool on wire rack before unmolding.

Notes: Zucchini: grate it with a coarse grater (large holes) or in
the processor, as I do. Be careful not to make a zucchini paste if
processing them. But make sure they are minced. This recipe doesn't
work well if you coarsely chop the zucchini.
You can use only all-purpose or cake flour, but I think that adding a
part whole wheat flour makes it richer. Make sure it is superfine for
best results. I use one that is almost as fine as all-purpose. If you
use a coarser whole wheat flour the bread will have a denser texture.
I tried this recipe both with canned and fresh pineapple. The former
gives better results, but, if you want to use fresh fruit anyway, the
bread will still be very good but less sweet and with less depth of
flavor. Make sure it is finely chopped.
Wwalnuts are perfect for this recipe, but pecans work just as well. I
haven't tried it with any other nut, though I think macadamias and
hazelnuts would probably work.
You can keep this bread keeps for one or two days at room. But be
careful if the room is hot since fruits ferment and ruin the bread.
If that is the case I suggest you keep it in the fridge, well
wrapped. You can also freeze it, well wrapped, for a month. I like to
cut it before freezing and take out as many slices as I need. Then
warm it in the oven or toast it.

Making zucchini pineapple muffins.

Simply follow the recipe and use regular muffin tins with or without
paper liners. Fill them 3/4 full.

It yields a lot, like 24 regular muffins, so consider halving it or
be prepared to freeze some.

Eat them plain or with a sprinkling of powdered sugar if you enjoy a
sweeter muffin.

Cal 336, Fat 20g, Carb 37g, Sod 95mg, Pro 5g

S(Internet address):
   https://vintagekitchennotes.com/zucchini-pineapple-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 342 Calories; 19g Fat (49.8%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
40mg Cholesterol; 125mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0728