Honey Wheat Bread 1

Sun, 23 Feb 2020 18:32:18 -0800
v120.n009.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Bread, Honey Wheat 1

Recipe By     :Lizzy T
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Stand Mixer

   2               cups  warm milk -- (115-120F)
      1/4           cup  warm water -- (115-120F)
      1/4           cup  honey
   4 1/2            tsp  RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast -- Note
   3 1/4           cups  whole wheat flour
   1               Tbsp  salt
   2               Tbsp  melted butter
   2 1/4           cups  bread flour

If you're looking for a simple homemade bread with wholesome
ingredients, this is it. It uses a combination of whole wheat and
white flour, and is sweetened with honey.

Note: Red Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast contains dough enhancer.

Prep: 1 hour
Cook: 30 minutes
Total: 1:30
Yield: 2 loaves
Serving Size: 69g

In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the warm milk, warm water, and
honey. (Note: milk and water should be very warm, but not too hot to
touch.) Stir in the yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes until it gets foamy.

Add the whole wheat flour and mix it into the liquids using the
beater blade attachment, just until the flour is moistened. Let that
mixture sit for 10 minutes.

Next, add in the salt, melted butter, and the bread flour. Using the
stand mixer with the dough hook attachment, beat the dough for 10
minutes. (If you don't have a stand mixer you can knead the dough by hand.)

Grease a large bowl and place the dough in the bowl. Turn dough over
to coat all sides. Cover with a cloth and place the bowl in a warm
place for the dough to rise. Allow the dough to rise until it is
double in size.

Shape dough into two loaves and place them in greased 8x4" bread
pans. Cover the dough and let them rise in a warm place for another
20 minutes or until they have a nice rise to them.

Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes.

For the softest crust, brush the top of the loaves with butter while
they are still warm.

Allow the bread to cool and slice to serve.

Store any extra bread in an airtight container.

Cal 154, Fat 2g, Carb 28g, Sod 370mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 5g

Review: Update: I made this bread this morning with my toddler. She
loved scooping out the flour and watching it rise. I had to add an
extra rise with all ingredients combined before placing it in the
pans for the final rise, because I had to leave the house. The final
product was soft and delicious. Thank you for a yummy recipe, ladies!

Question: I made it and it was good. However, when making bread you
usually let the dough rise after kneading until doubled, then shape
and do final rising in the loaf pan. Is there a reason for only
having one rise?
Response: I'm not sure why this recipe was worded in that way. You
could definitely let it rise again if you'd like! Thanks!

Review: So I stumbled upon this recipe and my husband had been asking
for homemade bread. I tried it and now its the only bread the family
eats. I'm constantly having to make more because you'd be surprised
with how much fresh bread a family of 5 would go through. Thank you
for posting this recipe. I love it.

Review: We have been trying to find a recipe that uses honey that
actually tasted good! Thank you for sharing! We love this bread!

Review: Amazing photos! We made this bread today but I used SAF
Instant Yeast from KAF King Arthur Flour. This dough made two huge
loafs that my husband couldn't believe it. I put my yeast into the
fridge - love this yeast. Thank you for sharing.

Review: This is the best wheat bread I have ever made. I make half
the recipe using the dough cycle on my bread maker. Then I bake it in
the oven. It turns our perfect every time! Thank you for sharing it!!!

Review: I love it! Made several time already and my family can't get
enough. Can I make hamburger buns out of this recipe? If so how long
does it need to bake? Thanks.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tastesoflizzyt.com/honey-wheat-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 160 Calories; 3g Fat (14.1%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
6mg Cholesterol; 345mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0222