Southern Buttermilk Biscuits

Sat, 01 Aug 2020 15:48:06 -0700
v120.n029.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Biscuits, Southern Buttermilk

Recipe By     :Fran Thompson
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

      1/2           cup  cold butter -- cubed
   2               cups  self-rising flour
      3/4           cup  buttermilk
                         Melted butter

The recipe for these four-ingredient biscuits has been handed down
for many generations.

Prep/Total Time: 30 min.

In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse
crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly
floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Pat or lightly roll to 3/4"
thickness. Cut with a floured 2 1/2" biscuit cutter.

Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425F until golden brown, 11
to 13 minutes. Brush tops with butter. Serve warm.

Editor's Note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour,
place 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a
measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.

Cal 197, Fat 11g, Carb 22g, Sod 451mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Review: These were super easy to make and went together quite
quickly. My son's gobbled them up! They are really good with honey!

Review: This is the easiest and greatest recipe ever. Its much faster
thanking making dinner rolls and my family prefers it.

Review: I used to make homemade biscuits only, but thru the years i
had gotten lazy. Today the man wanted sausage and biscuits, no
biscuots in house! So i used this recipe, may never buy a frozen or
canned biscuit again. So good and easy.. makes enuf to freeze and
have a couple more times for just the two of us.

Source:
   "Originally published as Southern Buttermilk Biscuits in Quick
Cooking May/June 2001"
S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/southern-buttermilk-biscuits/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 222 Calories; 12g Fat (48.8%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
32mg Cholesterol; 538mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : 2019 - 0216