Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Sat, 31 Oct 2020 18:19:09 -0700
v120.n041.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Cupcakes, Pumpkin Spice

Recipe By     :Amber Butzer
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Nuts
                 Posted                          Stand Mixer

   2               cups  sugar
   15                oz  solid-pack pumpkin -- (1 can)
   4              large  eggs
   1                cup  canola oil
   2               cups  all-purpose flour
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
   2          teaspoons  ground cinnamon
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      1/2      teaspoon  ground ginger
      1/4      teaspoon  ground cloves
   1                cup  raisins
                         CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
      1/3           cup  butter -- softened
   3             ounces  cream cheese -- softened
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
   2               cups  confectioners' sugar
      1/2           cup  walnuts -- toasted, or pecans

I make these flavorful pumpkin cupcakes each Halloween, but they're
wonderful year-round.

Prep: 30 min.
Bake: 30 min. + cooling

Preheat oven to 350F. Beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil until well
blended. In another bowl, whisk next seven ingredients; gradually
beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in raisins.

Fill each of 24 paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon
batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 28
to 32 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
racks to cool completely.

For frosting, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in
vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle
with walnuts. Refrigerate.

Editor's Note: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350F oven
for 5 to 10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly
browned, stirring occasionally.

Cal 313, Fat 16g, Carb 42g, Sod 187mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: Excellent cupcakes- Fabulous to make for the Fall baking
season. The only change I made was substituting the raisens for
chocolate chips.

Review: This has become a solid part of my baking starting in the
fall. I actually get asked to make them.

Review: These are my go-to dessert for fall potlucks. They are so
moist and yummy, everyone loves them. I have substituted dried
cranberries for the raisins and pecans for the walnuts. I also added
chopped pecans to the batter and put a whole pecan half on top of the
cupcake, instead of chopped, less messy that way.

Review: Loved them just as they are! Family favorite!

Review: I made this for two seperate Halloween parties, and it was a
hit at both. Great pumpkin flavor with just the right amount of
spice, plus light and moist. Did not add the raisins or the walnuts,
thought it would make it more like a muffin. Will use for mini
loaves, with all ingredients. Have requests already for more!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pumpkin-spice-cupcakes/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 310 Calories; 15g Fat (43.5%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
46mg Cholesterol; 188mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 1105