Hurry-Up Homemade Crescent Rolls

Wed, 02 Dec 2020 13:58:35 -0800
v120.n048.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Rolls, Hurry-Up Homemade Crescent

Recipe By     : Southern Living
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

      1/4           oz.  active dry yeast
      3/4           cup  warm water -- (105 to 115F)
   3               cups  all-purpose baking mix -- (to 3 1/2C)
   2        tablespoons  sugar
                         All-purpose flour

Hands-On: 25 mins
Total: 1:40

Combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup measuring cup; let stand 5
minutes. Combine 3 cups baking mix and sugar in a large bowl;
gradually stir in yeast mixture.

Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead, adding additional
baking mix (up to 1/2 cup) as needed, until dough is smooth and
elastic (about 10 minutes).

Roll dough into a 12" circle; cut circle into 12 wedges. Roll up
wedges, starting at wide end, to form a crescent shape; place, point
sides down, on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in
a warm place (85F), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.

Preheat oven to 425F. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.

Note: To make rolls in a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, prepare as
directed in Step Beat dough at medium speed, using dough hook
attachment, about 5 minutes, beating in 1/2 cup additional baking
mix, if needed, until dough leaves the sides of the bowl and pulls
together, becoming soft and smooth. Proceed with recipe as directed
in Step We tested with Bisquick All-Purpose Baking Mix.

To Make Ahead: Rolls may be frozen up to 2 months. Bake at 425F for 5
minutes; cool completely (about 30 minutes). Wrap in aluminum foil,
and freeze in an airtight container. Thaw at room temperature on a
lightly greased baking sheet; bake at 425F for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden.

Review: If you want to serve homemade rolls and don't have a lot of
time, these are good basic rolls. Not sure about prior reviewer's
remark about them being heavy. Was her yeast old or did she fail to
proof the properly before baking? Or maybe she just has a different
mental model of what a good roll should be. I tested out freezing
these, for just a couple of days, then browning. Worked great. I'd
make these again & I"d sere them to guests. Potential to dress them
up w/cinnamon; change to parkerhouse style & insert a sliver of ham;
brush w/melted butter, etc. Works well w/lite Bisquick.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hurry-up-homemade-crescent-rolls

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 10 Calories; trace Fat (2.3%
calories from fat); trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 1202